JLambus

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

What goes up.....

My helmet camera's POV from today's crash. Spliced with Ryan's angle as well. Please excuse the foul language.

Hard to tell but this was a pretty hefty leap. When I stand up and turn around you can see the distance I ended up from Ryan and the log. It's also higher than it looks. Note that the log is at head level on Ryan. Darn GoPros never do it justice.

This was my second attempt at this jump. The first one went pretty good, but I slid out on the landing. So I decided to give it another go and clean up that landing. Didn't work. Miss fired on a the take off and couldn't slow down in time to stop before the drop. Needless to say, I didn't try a 3rd time.

But mark my words, scary log jump. I will be back...... and I will conquer you.

This is the new cut trail other Jason was talking about, Jason. Don't do it, it's waayyyy more technical than Pig's Skull trail. This was the only spot we found on it worth checking out in my opinion. We turned around and hiked back up to Jurassic's.  

No comments:

Post a Comment