JLambus

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Keep the Country Country.

Today I head back home to Kona. It has been an exciting past few days, but I am very ready to be relaxing back on my quaint little island. It's been a few days since i've written because I've been running non stop. I graduated from my AFF class with flying colors. Get it? Sorry. And got in three jumps afterward putting my number of jumps up to 12 and my flight time at just under 10 minutes of free fall. It amazes me that there are guys that have literally spent over a week of their life falling through the sky. I hope to one day have attained such freedom and skill in the air. But for now I'll have to keep chipping away at it. I also ran the gauntlet of friends around the island. And stopped at a number of beaches bodysurfing and freediving all along the way. I'll be honest, This was my first real trip to Oahu. I didn't think I would like it very much, and while Waikikki was ridiculous, I felt very at home on the north shore. It's like a bigger Kona. Still country still laid back. And thank god for waikkiki. If it wasnt there all those tourist might spill over into the north areas of the Island.I spoke with a number of gallery owners about putting my work in the Galleries, and think I got  a few that are interested. I'll definately be making it back here more often now that I know I can handle it. But home is still Kona. And I suspect it always will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment